German Election Results Expected to Extend European Slow-Roll Recovery (CNBC)
Heading into the Sept. 22 elections, polls indicate that German Chancellor Merkel’s conservative CDU/CSU coalition would capture 38 percent of the vote. However, even when combined with the coalition’s junior partner (the Free Democrats) and its 6 percent of the vote – that would only total 44 percent of parliament, not enough for a majority. Should these predictions be borne out, Merkel would likely gain a third term, but would also be forced to form a “grand coalition” with rivals, which would ultimately result in a more euro-friendly government and an extension of the status quo. In which case, investors would still have no clear-cut indication of which way the markets will go.
Like This Article? Now Get Mark's FREE Special Report: 3 Dividend Plays with Sky-High Returns
This newly-released report by a top-20 living economist details three investments that are your best bets for income and appreciation for the rest of the year and beyond.
Jim Woods has over 20 years of experience in the markets from working as a stockbroker, financial journalist, and money manager. As well as a book author and regular contributor to numerous investment websites, Jim is the editor of:
Bob Carlson provides independent, objective research covering all the financial issues of retirement and retirement planning. In addition, Bob serves as Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Fairfax County (VA) Employees’ Retirement System, which has over $2.8 billion in assets.
Jon Johnson's philosophy in investing and trading is to take what the market gives you regardless if that is to the upside or downside. For the past 21 years, Jon has helped thousands of clients gain success in the financial markets through his newsletters and education services: